Hiking in Silvretta Montafon
Discover the valley in Vorarlberg on 267 hiking trails
Faster, higher, farther – the Montafon valley is a paradise for hikers! Family trip, sporty challenge or relaxed getaway – Sporthotel Silvretta Montafon in Gaschurn is the perfect base for any hiking adventure!
Hiking in the Montafon means hiking with breathtaking views of the region’s most impressive mountain ranges. The Rätikon in the northwest, the Verwall Alps in the northeast, the Silvretta in the south – and stunning nature all around! Dramatic mountains, turquoise lakes, unique nature reserves and more than 40 cosy mountain huts – what more could you want from a perfect day of hiking?
A variety of hiking adventures in Vorarlberg’s nature
Striving for the next personal best or simply enjoying the unique landscape – on a hiking holiday in Vorarlberg, you can do both! In the Montafon, collecting unforgettable holiday memories is easy – just follow your inspiration, step by step.
The best thing about it: Hiking is an inexpensive hobby and great for your body and soul!
More than 1,400 kilometres of hiking trails offer something for every taste, from casual hikes between mountain huts to multi-hour tours and Alpine ridgeways. To ensure your safety at all times, all routes are clearly signposted, some of them even accessible.
Find your own path – in the hikers’ paradise of Silvretta Montafon!
The most beautiful hikes starting from Gaschurn
You would love to start your hike right at the doorstep of your hotel? Three great hiking trails begin directly in Gaschurn, in close proximity to Sporthotel Silvretta Montafon:
- Gaschurn Dorf theme trail: an easy, family-friendly circular walk through the village with lots of cultural highlights; walking time: 30 minutes
- Highlights: St. Michael parish church – Tanzlaube – Lukas-Tschofen Stube – Alpine and Tourism Museum – Maria-Schnee chapel
- Silvretta reservoir – Wiesbaden hut: intermediate, but easily passable circular hike starting at Bielerhöhe Silvrettasee bus stop; walking time: 4 hours 21 minutes
- Highlights: Silvretta reservoir – Klostertal waterfalls – glacier views – Wiesbaden hut – Schmalzgrubenscharte
- Lake Zeinisee and Lake Wiegensee – Neue Heilbronner hut: intermediate circular hike starting at Kops Gasthaus Zeinisjoch bus stop; walking time: 4 hours 46 minutes
- Highlights: Lake Zeinisee and Lake Wiegensee – views of Kops and Silvretta reservoir – views of Lake Kopssee – Neue Heilbronner hut – Silvretta views – Verbella Alpe – Alpe Verbella
These are only three of the fascinating and unforgettable tours hikers can explore in the southernmost valley of Vorarlberg!
Did you know? The nearest cable car station is only a five-minute walk from Sporthotel! Simply hop on the cable car or chairlift to get to the starting points of many other spectacular hikes!
Start your hike at Sporthotel Silvretta Montafon
Once you have checked into your hotel, there’s nothing keeping you from going on your first hike! Guests of Sporthotel Silvretta Montafon love the hotel’s charming blend of wellness offers and outdoor activities. In summer, particularly, the four-star top resort is a popular choice with hikers – and that’s no surprise! After all, the hotel is only a few minutes’ walk from the beautiful Silvretta Montafon hiking region.
And there’s more! After a long day of hiking you love a bit of relaxation, recreation and pleasure? You can find all that and much more at Sporthotel Silvretta Montafon! For instance, how about recharging your batteries with some regional delicacies at Stoba 7 or during a massage at Gold Spa? Nothing’s better to get you ready for your next day of hiking adventures!
Interactive views of the Montafon hiking paradise
Familiarising yourself with the details of your planned tour in advance sounds like a good idea? Well, it certainly is! With the interactive hiking map, it’s easy to explore the meadows and forests, mountain huts and summits of the Montafon mountains!
This valley in Vorarlberg was made for hiking! Get inspired with Sporthotel Silvretta Montafon!
Take the first step – with a non-binding enquiry for a hiking holiday at Sporthotel Silvretta Montafon! Learn about the hotel’s fitness offers and find out about sporty activities in summer and winter .