Sporthotel Silvretta Montafon for mountain bikers
Exploring Vorarlberg on two wheels
Conquer the Montafon region with your bike! With 270 kilometres of bike trails, the mountain world surrounding the Rätikon, Silvretta and Verwall ranges offers perfect opportunities for two-wheel adventures. Find out why Sporthotel Silvretta Montafon is the perfect base for your bike holiday in Vorarlberg!
Cycling, mountain biking, e-biking: Discover the southernmost valley of Vorarlberg on two wheels! Whether you prefer casual lake rides or challenging mountain tours – there’s a multitude of routes for every taste, marked by 600 signposts.
Gaschurn, the bike region of Vorarlberg
The region surrounding Gaschurn boasts a total of 93 different mountain bike tours. On your own, with a guide, in your racing suit, with electric support or on a classic bicycle? A bike holiday is what you make of it – and at Sporthotel Silvretta Montafon, it’s going to be an unforgettable adventure!
Challenging mountain bike tours starting in Gaschurn
The best bike adventures start right on your doorstep! Discover the many MTB tours in the vicinity of Sporthotel Silvretta Montafon:
- Ganifer – Verbella Alpe: This 29.8-kilometre circular mountain bike tour starts at Gaschurn Schima Drosa bus stop. It requires advanced riding skills and features several sections where your bike may have to be carried.
- Highlights: Versettla cable car (bike hire) – views of the compensating reservoir – wood gnome fountain – Ganifer – Verbella Alpe – Gibaud Höhe with views of the Kops reservoir – Valschaviel valley
- Schöner Abstecher – Alp-Hütte Brunella Wirt: This difficult 33.3-kilometre mountain bike trail starts at Partenen Loch bus stop. It requires a fair amount of stamina and riding skills and features several sections where you may have to carry your bike.
- Highlights: Views from Nova Stoba restaurant – Alpe Nova – Schöner Abstecher – Alp-Hütte Brunella Wirt
- Kops Reservoir – Alpe Heilbronner Hut: This difficult 65.2-kilometre circular mountain bike trail starts at Partenen Loch bus stop. It requires very good stamina and riding skills and features some sections where you may have to carry your bike.
- Highlights: Ganifer – Kops reservoir – spectacular views of the Silvretta mountains – Neue Heilbronner Hut – Silbertaler Winterjöchle
The action-packed tip for freeriders and downhill fans: Bikepark Brandnertal. The park is only a 40-minute drive from Gaschurn – and a great choice for day trips!
Silvretta 3 Lakes Tour – a treat for all cyclists
Challenging, full of spectacular views and – quite literally – breathtaking: That’s the Silvretta 3 lakes tour for you! Hop into the saddle of your mountain bike, e-bike or road bike and off you go:
- Silvretta 3 lakes tour: This difficult 45.4-kilometre circular route starts at the valley station of Versettla cable car in Gaschurn. With plenty of steep and curvy sections, the route offers splendid views.
- Highlights: Rifa compensation reservoir – Partenen – Ganifer – Kops reservoir – Wirl/Galtür – Paznaun valley – Silvretta-Bielerhöhe – Silvretta High Alpine Road
The best thing about it: The cable car station and starting point of this tour is only a five-minute walk from Sporthotel Silvretta Montafon!
Your mountain bike holiday at Sporthotel Silvretta Montafon
You didn’t bring your bike but would like to explore the holiday region on two wheels? No problem! Three of the 13 Intersport rental stations are open throughout summer, among them the shop at the valley station of Versettla cable car in Gaschurn. Get professional equipment for your next tour only a five-minute walk from Sporthotel Silvretta Montafon!
And after your workout? It’s time to relax at your Wellness and Sports Hotel! Nothing soothes tired legs better than a massage at Gold Spa! If you would like to work on your stamina, how about a visit to the hotel’s own gym?
By the way: During the summer months, you can take your bike (except for e-bikes) with you on the local buses for a fee of EUR 7 – provided you stow it yourself in one of the four available spaces!