Family winter at Sporthotel Silvretta Montafon
A variety of child-friendly activities on and off the slopes
Winter holidays mean ski holidays – with the whole family, of course! If you’re thinking along the same lines, then Sporthotel Silvretta Montafon is perfect for you. Because it’s located right at one of the top winter sports destinations in Austria: the family-friendly Silvretta Montafon resort.
While skiing is a must for many winter holiday guests, it’s definitely not all you can do here! The ski resort in Vorarlberg boasts an impressive list of all kinds of activities. And the Sporthotel also holds a range of family-friendly offers in store.
The ski resort of Silvretta Montafon for families
Have you and your children met Count Hugo already? No? Then, it’s about time! The Silvretta Montafon’s mascot is always up for any kind of mischief – and playfully helps children to learn how to ski or snowboard. Assisted by professionally-trained ski instructors, of course.
Additionally, the ski resort in Vorarlberg provides its young guests with the following child-friendly offers:
- special children’s lifts and magic carpets (conveyor belts)
- ski kindergarten and ski schools
- childcare services
- “Hugo’s colourful mountain world” children’s land of the Hochjoch Ski School – right at the mountain station of Hochjoch and Zamang cable car at 1,850 metres above sea level
- Count Hugo’s adventure slope on the Hochjoch with various stations explaining special phenomena of the mountain world
- children’s land of Ski School St. Gallenkirch-Gortipohl at Valisera middle station – with guaranteed snow
- Snowpark Montafon for freestylers of every age
A children’s land with “home advantage”: the Noviland of Ski School Gaschurn-Partenen. It’s located right at the valley station of the Versettla cable car and is only five minutes away on foot from Sporthotel Silvretta Montafon. Children’s merry-go-round, conveyor belts and special courses are waiting for the little holiday guests.
Family activities in the Montafon – away from the slopes
Even the most faithful fans of the slopes need a break from skiing or snowboarding sometimes – no matter their age. Due to the colourful and varied list of activities you can do in the Montafon, it’s easy to find an alternative. The following offers guarantee exciting and unforgettable holiday moments away from the slopes:
- the longest floodlit night-time toboggan run of Vorarlberg in St. Gallenkirch-Garfrescha
- spending the night in an igloo
- child-friendly winter hikes with llamas and alpacas
- family snow shoe hiking route – a journey back in time to the days of mining in the Montafon
- Alpine-Coaster-Golm where you can swoosh down the mountain for a distance of 2,600 metres in a two-seat toboggan
Tip: The mountain experience “Adventure Night Golm”! Every Wednesday, both little and grown-up holiday guests can go on a 2.5- to 3-hour journey of exploration. After an hour of hiking, you get to look forward to a night-time ride with the Flying Fox. Then, it’s time to savour some “Keesknöpfli” at the Holzschopf restaurant.
Family wellness at Sporthotel Silvretta Montafon
And what about Sporthotel Silvretta Montafon? It has lots of great offers for families as well. If it gets a little too cold for you outside, then head right back into the cosy warmth of the hotel. How about some family wellness? It’s the perfect way to warm up after fun and action in frosty temperatures. Find out more about family wellness and other special offers at the four-star resort in Gaschurn!
Also read more about what a family summer in the Montafon in Vorarlberg has to offer.